Getting Into The Blogging Thing


I have a follower! Hello, Mem. I don't have a cat but I have had several. I usually had tuxedo kitties. Hello to you, also, Grand Purl Baa. I can't figure out how to respond to comments yet, but I'll work on it.

I finished a pair of socks! It is the second of 3 pair I promised myself to finish as my New Year's project list. It is the picture above--the unfinished work in progress.

I designed these myself and I am not happy with the heel at the ankle. I used the EZ's forgotten heel method. You will never see a picture of what I did to that. I love the colorway, Bittersweet. I think it could be Cherry Tree Hill. I'm already on 2 other pair, one with a similar toe but following the Sunrise pattern by Wendy Johnson. I will be practicing my own heel when I get there. I hope to make my OWN pattern soon! I'll give you yarn particulars and a photo another time. Don't hold your breath, the labor for these was three years. I'll put up some unborn sock pictures later this week.

In the meantime, my mother has become a sock monster. She has really come a long way in a couple of weeks. I know she has crossed over to the dark side because she says she dreams she is knitting and hasn't done much reading lately because it cuts into her knitting time. I'm so proud.

No comments: