1.10.11.2

I am in two Knit-A-Longs. One is a KAL for a cowl and the other is for fans of Stephen West Designs. I really like the name of it: SELFISH WESTKNITS KAL.  If you remember, I knit two of his hats in just a couple of days and I  marveled at the construction and thoroughly enjoyed making them. If you do not remember, just click on his name above and let the internet whisk you away to his blog.


The Selfish Kal has a few rules and if followed, participants are eligible to be in a random drawing for one of his books. The project has to be tagged a certain way, the moderator of the thread is to be notified, and of course, the project is to be a WestKnits design. I chose the Boneyard Shawl (go ahead, click the link, you know you want to) after digging through my stash and finding a yarn that spoke to me. I cast on last night and made my usual changes to the pattern to make it suit me and have it going along pretty well. I had some skeins of Harrisville Flax and Wool and I am using Lantern Moon size 8 circulars.  The body of the shawl is in the Fieldstone colorway and the Cranberry is the accented garter ridge. The SELFISH part of the KAL is that with all the holiday knitting, knitters rarely knit for themselves and this is a January-February chance to make up for that.

No comments: