1.16.11

I do not know what it is going to be. There are 880 yards of it and it is coming to me in the next day or so. It is Madeline Tosh Merino Light which allowed me to get free shipping on a yarny-birthday gift from my second brother's family--you know, the hat family from Christmas Eve.

The yarn that needed me to buy this lovely lichen colorway to the right is intended for a pattern I have had in my collection for almost seven years, I think.  It is from NeedleBeetle and is designed by Brenda Zuk. If you know me at all, you know one of my passions is sea shells. In fact, at one point I considered being a malacologist. When I saw the pattern for the Scallop Sea Shawl, I knew I wanted to make it.

Let me be honest with you and tell you I do not really enjoy knitting lace. I appreciate it and understand the hard work behind it. I even find some of it pretty. I have been tempted a few times to make something with little narrow yarn on hopelessly big needles that turns out full of holes (my impression of lace and lace making) but my holes never end up where they should be because I CAN NOT COUNT.  Well, I can, but I have to do it over and over again until I give up because I NEVER get it right. So why did I decide to get 2467 yards of this

to cast on that?

 Well, it looked like it might be intuitive like cables are.
 After you get going on cables, they seem to tell you when they are right and when they are wrong.









 Like basket-making. We will see.

No comments: