5.16.12

I have been lucky enough to receive mounds of "homespun" pieces of fabric as gifts from quilters who are past that phase. I am happy to report that I have begun the HENRIETTA WHISKERS quilt from the Free Block of the Month (last year's) at the Bunny Hill site. 

If you want to do it, too, you can buy the patterns from her. You have to be on top of things to download the patterns for free at the right time! I see other patterns on her site that I might like. Of course, you know, I like EVERYthing that has pumpkins or acorns. Viney leaves are another draw for me. Hand Applique, you are my favorite technique.

I am off today, to applique class. My teacher, Connie Tackett, is world-class. I am so lucky to be among her students. Pictures of my Fabulous Fish to follow. On to Hawaiian style and reverse applique! The world is my canvas.

No comments: