8.17.12

FREE MOTION QUILT CHALLENGE--AUGUST EDITION!


The August tutor is Wendy Sheppard. She is widely experienced and has been published in many magazines. She surely is a teacher of note. She taught us "jester hats" and Fleur-dis-lis variations. I enjoyed myself so much, I almost did not want to put away my machine but I had to do other things that day. 
 
I used Aurifil thread and found it to be the best so far for my machine quilting experience with the Schmetz Microtex Sharp Needle size 60/8 that I used in my machine. I used pink because I would least likely use pink in regular sewing and quilting so I would not notice the lack of pink in my library of usable thread. Unfortunately, pink did not show up very well on gold of the same value so I fiddled with photo editing AND the first featured photo is of the back of the sample.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hi, Your jesters hats look good. I'm glad you are enjoying the challenge. Nice stitching.. Bravo.. very well done!