10.10.12

Have you met my glass-headed model? I call him THAT'S HEADLEY after Harvey Korman's character in Blazing Saddles






 


Here he is modeling a cowl I knit for my Oregon Sister-in-Law following the Ambitus Cowl pattern. The fabric is a wool and bamboo blend. It has a lovely sheen to it and pretty color variations.

Cascade Lana Bambu is a blend of 79% wool and 21% viscose from bamboo fiber. It is not that much fun to work with but it has been made with a nice blend of color. I like all the colorways it comes in but when I was in the shop, they only had two or three choices and I liked Ruby best. I bought it on a whim with no clear idea what I would do with 196 yards but it turns out that at 4.5 stitches to the inch, it makes a nice cozy neck piece to wear under a pullover.

No comments: