1.12.13

Friendship Group has a Scrappy Challenge. Before the next meeting I have to have used up all of the fat eighth of a yard of a yellow 30s style fabric and a fat eighth of a yard of a white on white.
A fat eighth is a piece of fabric which is 9 inches by approximately 22 inches. The challenge this year is to use ALL of the fabric.   

I made this star to use up some of the white and some of the yellow. I added in blue from my stash.


I made these tumbling blocks and added the orange and blue from my stash.


 







I added teal and orange to the white from the Scrappy fabric to make "Repro Sitting Cat" from QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks series. I think it is in book 5. You can see it is "in progress".
To use up the last of the Scrappy white fabric I chose "Cuppa Joe" by Sindy Rodenmeyer. I had to "smallify" the mug. Oops, I forgot to add the yellow band so it is also in progress.


This hexie flower measures just about 10 inches across and is ready for the hand seaming. The hexies and tumbling blocks are addicting but I prefer to work on a much smaller scale. 

I have an assortment of very small triangles left over and I am going to try my hand at fusible applique. I hope to do this over the next couple of days so I may be able to show you some results in February.

No comments: