2.25.13

Snagged that John Bunyan quote off of the internet, probably through FaceBook. If today were Judgement Day, how would I measure up? Maybe I would be surprised by little things I thought were inconsequential at the time but meant a lot to others. I like to think so. Still, I should probably put more effort into making a difference. So what should the Monday Mantra be?

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
Charles Dickens


“No one has ever become poor by giving.”
Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank  


“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
John Holmes 


“Non nobis solum nati sumus. (Not for ourselves alone are we born.)”
Marcus Tullius Cicero 



“Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.”
Horace Mann

No comments: