3.16.13

Happy International Quilt Day! 
I am going to help you celebrate by showing you more of KD's applique. The watering can is sweet, 




 but I especially like the little cottage and tree. I have a few things going with this type of 30s feedsack style fabric but nothing as ambitious as this.


I won another contest. This is a package of charm squares--5"--and these are all Kona solid darks. They were part of a blog hop giveaway from Fabric Engineer.
I am not sure what I am going to do with them. Whatever it is, it will be filled with pretty colors!
 Maybe I will do THIS. Made from charm packs.  I am working on making a back for this quilt today. I will piece it from Kona Snow yardage and a couple blue and green charms left over from the top. I had a package of Kona Snow charms and I just bought more of the yardage to finish it off. Good think I did. You can't have enough white if you are doing modern quilting.

and then on to work on THIS one. More charm packs, beautiful oranges, reds, violets, fuschia, yellow with milk chocolate brown. I plan to hand quilt but we will see.
 


4 comments:

Angie said...

Those two applique blocks are soooo cute. :) Happy Quilting Day and Happy St. Paddy's day too.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful applique' blocks and those charms are gorgeous. I'm sure what ever you create with them will look great. I'm a bit partial of using brights with whites. And there are many fun designs for charms too! I look forward to seeing what you create with them.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Quilting Grandma said...

Love the applique squares. Such yummy colors in the charm pack, I want one too. Have no idea what I would do with thwm though.

Joanna said...

Your applique blocks are very sweet. Nice win, too.