6.13.13


Winter 2013
Winter 2013 is what I have decided to name this little mini. We kept having snow long after winter was over. This reminds me of seeing my little flowers come up and then being snowed on over and over again. You may remember it as my design for the March challenge for the Southern Appalachian Modern Quilt Guild. At 8 X 13 inches, it is a little longer and narrower than a standard sheet of printer paper. I hand appliqued, did some hand embroidery in a variegated green perle cotton, then machine stitched the rest of the "channels". The batting is what makes it look a little formal. I used a hunk of leftover fusible fleece so the filler is denser yet thinner  than the standard batt.

It is here again today to "link up" with The Modern Mini Quilt Challenge I read about at Ellison Lane.

3 comments:

Lynn - JnL4God said...

This is really neat - I like the look and the design a lot. Lynn

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Clean, simple and beautiful. Quite fresh and appealing.

Vera said...

Cool! Simple but effective.