10.2.13


I was looking for Do It Yourself Pumpkin spiced coffee and found several people that use the recipe at the bottom of this post to make additives for coffee.

Last year, I thought the Dunkin' Donuts brand Pumpkin Spice coffee was my favorite. In fact, I was thrilled to find that one of the gas stations a little less than half an hour from my house built a Dunkin' add on.


But, I think Dunkin' has been messing with their flavors. Last year they added a bunch more seasonal selections and the actual flavor was suggested in the packaging and the initial aroma, but flavor?

 
Hardly any that matched the package description. Still, I am interested in trying the October pumpkin one again.Since I don't leave the house more than once a week and I do not always go south where the Dunkin' gas station is, I thought I would research and find a recipe I could use on my own.


I found a lot of people use this recipe to make the basic spice mixture to add in. One or two people said you could substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice found on the baking aisle of the grocery store or ALL SPICE.
 

I would not do that AT ALL. ALLSPICE is a dried berry from the Jamaican pepper plant!
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
 

I would not add that to a single cup of coffee, but I will use that ratio to mix a batch from which to spoon some into my cup.  I will probably add about an eight of a teaspoon of ground cloves. My ratio for cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves will be

4 :: 2 :: 2 :: 1

Some say grind it in with your beans, but I do not grind my own beans, usually. 


I know, I know. Everyone else does.






1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I don't grind my own beans, either. Too lazy!