1.18.14


picture found HERE
I am obsessed with Star Trek. I don't know when it happened, probably in the 1960s. It was the time of the SPACE RACE, I lived on the SPACE COAST, and exploration was governmentally funded. I saw people walk on the moon. The idea that our universe was more than just our planet, then more than just what we could see, then more than we could conceive caught the imagination of a lot of people. If it couldn't be quantified, how could it be qualified? ANYthing could be possible.

picture found HERE
Anyway, I am an avid watcher and rewatcher of all the televised Star Treks and spinffs. I have seen all of the original series at least three times, some episodes more than that. I have done the same with Star Trek, the Next Generation. 

picture found HERE
I have watched all of Deep Space Nine, which I did not really appreciate when it was on television the first time.

I was too busy with other things. I remember watching a few episodes of Voyager and not having time to watch that either. 1993-2000+ were busy times. 
 
picture found HERE
I have since gone back to see Voyager and expect I will watch it again this month or next.


 




picture found HERE
Star Trek Enterprise is another "spin-off" In chronology, it predates the original series, but it is the most recent creation for television. I did not like it much when it was first televised. I watched it all the way through a couple of years ago and I warmed up to it a bit. I have just finished watching it again, and I LOVED it. Like the original series, Enterprise only lasted about three years until being cancelled. They had moved the story along very well by the second season but then I don't know what happened. Then it picked up again with another story line and then it fell apart. A shame, there was a lot of potential.

Anyway, I have a MY OBSESSION Pinterest board and anything I like that I see about Star Trek I put on there. And yes, I have had a Star Trek costume. I had a phaser that made the right sounds. I have considered getting the communicator sound for my flip phone. But I did not buy any of the "collectibles". I remember seeing the set with the transporter that made the real transporter sound, but I never wanted to own any of those things. If I can't have a REAL TRANSPORTER, no substitute will do. And what am I going to do with all those "action figures" anyway.

So, like my tea pots and tea cups, I am enjoying my virtual collection of Star Trek memorabilia and collectibles. I love that I can indulge myself with out spending anything but time.

No comments: