1.19.14

I unraveled this beautiful Misti Alpaca Chunky yarn from its amoeba-existence as a wrap. When I finally finished the project, I blogged it here, September 5, 2010. Sometimes an "is what it is" project never really hits the mark. The lovely yarn never did justice to the design of the wrap. Or, maybe it was the other way around. Whenever I picked it up, it grew narrower and would never really WRAP. The button kept falling off. It just wasn't right. 
Now I have three big balls of the most delightful feeling yarn EVER. I am using size 10.5 needles instead of 15 and the tighter gauge will definitely give it a little more presence. At least it doesn't seem to want to be something else when I pick it up.
Well. I wrote this post over a week ago and scheduled it for today. I have not knit since then, and my tendonitis is starting to feel better. I have those socks from last week that I want to work on. I have the above transformation-from-useless-to-scarf to work on, LOTS of things. I don't dare pick up the knitting needles again just yet.



No comments: