2.4.14

Tea Time Tuesday briefly interrupted by this message. For tea inspired picture, see the bottom of this post.

As soon as the Door Stop Hop accepted applications for hostesses,
I knew I wanted to be one. I had asked for permanent markers from Santa, and I was designing a FISH for my door stop. I imagined it as an over-grown beanie baby style object, custom designed with the "painterly effect" I could get if I used alcohol and paintbrushes with my Sharpies.

The day after Christmas, I set up my supplies and set out to make some exciting fabric. I painted and stained and dripped alcohol all over the place. I let it dry and the next day, I drew up templates, sewed, cut, and assembled my beautiful fish.

It is huge.

It was so big, I could see I would not be able to get through the doorway it was designed to keep open, once it was stuffed. Back to the drawing board.
I left it in my sewing room, unstuffed, fin-free, waiting to become...SOMEthing.
It sure was fun to work on, though. Check back tomorrow and see what we will be using this spring when we open the windows again!  

Looking for the She Who Sews Hop schedule for today?


Just Let Me Quilt
Hill Valley Quilter
Sew Much 2 Luv
My Whittle Adventures
Kids and Sewing
Moosestash Quilting
I Piece 2 Mary



Tea Time Tuesday 
Read about it HERE

At first glance, it looks like a chicken but, indeed, it is a FISH! I wonder if it is part of a child's toy tea set. The owner said the mouth, handle and lid fin are plastic.

No comments: