10.7.2014

TEA TIME TUESDAY

I had FIVE cups of tea yesterday. Five. It was rainy, windy, and cold and tea seemed like a great idea several times during the day.

When I was in Oregon in June, I was lucky enough to spend some time in the STASH Tea Store. I bought as many of the flavored teas as I thought I might like. My small town grocery does not stock much in the more exotic tea flavors, although I have to admit, they have an amazing selection of brands compared to when I first moved here about four years ago.

Yesterday's teas included some of those flavored tisanes as well as a decaf chai and some of that green tea I discovered. 

The first time I made the green tea in a small one serving pot, I had the water too hot. Did you know green tea must not be made with boiling water? No wonder I never found one that tasted good to me. I do not believe I ever made it correctly.


This  Breville electric kettle has five settings and will brew at the 
exact temperatures for green, white, oolong and black teas, as well as
the correct temperature for French press coffee makers. The HOLD
button keeps the temperature for 20 minutes for your second cup.

This makes tea making almost TOO easy, doesn't it? How do you suppose the ancients made green tea without this contraption?








No comments: