9.8.15

TEA TIME TUESDAY
My current favorite two mugs are made by Eric Van Eimeren of VE POTTERY in Helena, Montana.
Nothing makes me feel quite like I feel when I am holding a well-made mug. I found the first one on an Etsy search and bought it to try. I liked it so much, I asked him to let me know when he made any more using the same clay in a similar style. I like that these two are a little different, yet very much the same. 

I have cut out coffee.

Wow.

Yes. I cut out coffee, except for the occasional de-caf. Mostly, I drink green tea--my favorite Genmai Cha. It took me hardly any time at all, only gave me a headache when I was "hiking" a bit of the Donner Pass, and only for about 20 minutes. I think part of that can be attributed to the elevation, my aversion to exercise, and the unfailing cheerfulness of my companions.

What I miss about my morning cup of coffee:
1. the aroma
2. the way that first sip is a promise that TODAY I WILL DO GREAT THINGS IF I FEEL LIKE IT
3. the pleasure in knowing if there is left-over coffee, I can make iced coffee, as long as I don't drink it after 2:00 p.m., and it will NOT cost me $5.00, nor will I have to drink it from a plastic cup with not enough ice and nowhere to throw away my cup when I realize I really don't like Starbucks.
What I do not miss about my morning cup of coffee:
1. having to pee one half gallon every 20 minutes for the first 4 hours of my day

What I like about green tea in the morning:
1. that smug feeling ALL green tea drinkers have when they announce, "I drink green tea. It is so good for you."
2. It reminds me of the first time I had green tea I liked and was told how to make it correctly.
3. It promises that WHAT I DO TODAY WILL BE GREAT. IT IS JUST A MATTER OF HOW I WISH TO FRAME IT IN MY MIND.
What I do not like about green tea in the morning:
1. It is not coffee.








No comments: