4.18.16

MONDAY MANTRA
I had a mantra all picked out, but so many things have happened to so many people I care about in the past few days, I decided at the last minute to go to a different one.

When you can't change your circumstances, you can change your attitude.

A message to my friends seeing troubles right now: You can get through this. You can.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 


Block 18 from Splendid Sampler is called Lina's Gift, designed by Pat Sloan. I really enjoyed this one. I made my leaves  of different greens because I didn't have enough of one of them.








Block 19 from Splendid Sampler is called Measure Twice, Cut Once, designed by Jane Davidson. Not very difficult at all, after I decided to "embroider" with Micron Pigma brown for the tape measure.











The next block in the Temecula Quilt Company series, Circa 2016, the designer called Four Patch. A deceptively simple name, don't you think? There is almost as much going on here as in the Birds in the Air Block. 

I was trying to get ahead on some of those 120 Half-Square Triangles she requested, also, but so far, all I have done is get them cut and then sorted dark/light.
I am all caught up on my Second Saturday Sampler, and if I can get the pollen washed off the porch and walls of the house this week, I may take my blocks outside for a photo shoot.  That quilt is called Amish with a Twist. I rarely want to make a quilt exactly like anyone else, but this one appealed to me. Then, of course, after I got started, I saw that I wanted to change one of the colors and how the applique' will look.

I have resumed my membership with Southern Appalachian Modern Quilt Guild and we have a block a month to explore. I have scaled mine down and...well...you will just have to see and hear the story another day.





No comments: